TK Architects was selected as a 2014 Top 10 Small Business by the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce.
This award signifies a company that has shown growth or sustainability of their business with strong employee relations and a record of giving back to the community.
TK was selected from a group of over 1,000 nominees and has been recognized as a Top 10 Small Business in Kansas City three times in the last eight years.
The Small Business Celebration is recognized as one of the largest Chamber small business celebrations in the United States. The 30th Annual Small Business Celebration is a series of events that supports and celebrates the small business community within the Kansas City region and culminates in the selection of the Mr. K Award. For 30 years this award has signified a company that has shown growth or sustainability of their business with strong employee relations and a record of giving back to the community. The coveted Mr. K Award is named for Kansas City’s own Ewing Kauffman, entrepreneur, and philanthropist.
In order to be a Top 10/Small Business of the Year candidate, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a for-profit business headquartered in the Greater Kansas City area
- Employ no more than 250 full-time equivalent employees
- Have been in business a minimum of three years unless applying for the Entrepreneur award
- Be committed to good business practices
- Have grown or sustained employee count and/or sales
- Have a good history of employee relations
- Must be a member of the KC Chamber by the time of application
Read more at: Top 10 Businesses of the Year Magazine Issue : Grow KC, June 2014